Wednesday 11 August 2010

Students and Tests.....

What is wrong with students nowadays?? Why are they having SO MUCH problems just to pass a single test. This is a test where there is only a few of topics covered. What if its EXAM?? That will be even worse, it's going to cover all the topics learned!

My simple answer here will be DISTRACTIONS!!! There are too many distractions for kids nowadays. So many entertainment including internet and mobile phones. They are more prone to stay online for hours..... rather than on books for at least 10 minutes.

What I don't understand is.... whenever the test papers are given back, they will show this face, theis face of dissatisfaction, they begin to COMPLAINT..... "teacher! paper too hard, teacher! I don't understand the question! teacher this! teacher that!" But during class... do they listen?? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! When a teacher say one thing, the most popular answer reply from student is " Ah? What?" They want the teacher to repeat what he/she said before. This is because obviously, the first instruction comes from the teacher mouth is just air......

What annoy me most is when the students have NO IDEA what's going on... for example, on the day of the test.. one student will have the utmost nerve to come over to me and say... "teacher, this topic keluar kah?" or "teacher, is the paper hard??"............ "what? today test kah??" So, whoever ask me this question, definitely doesn't have any embarrassment in his/her life.

The Recipe for Success in your Study is in Your Hand... all you need to do are:

R - read
E - early
A - attention
D - do revisions

So... what are you waiting for?? don't forget to READ~!

ps; kan bersabar ni...............

3 comments:

Remy said...

erk..terase mcm ade kene mengene je ngan gue..huahuahua~

rarza said...

sabar yer cikgu :)

They call me Fiki. said...

Actually internet now also has a lot of usefulness in terms of education.

Like for example, I'm currently preparing to take my IELTS exam and there's soooooo many practice papers online and EVEN a youtube video on how to pronounce things properly. Books can't do that.

Not only that. Internet can be an interactive solution for those who learns better visually or more on hands on. I can't stand reading for too long as I get all confused, but when there's visual aid, I tend to learn faster.

I think mainly the most distracting thing for students now are facebook. *sigh*

Btw, love your blog!